My top 10 "flower" quotes-*In no particular order.
"Actually, this seems to be the basic need of the human heart in nearly every great crisis – a good hot cup of coffee."
- "If it weren’t for the coffee, I’d have no identifiable personality whatsoever."
- "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
- "Black as night, sweet as sin."
- "Police work wouldn't be possible without coffee," Wallander said. "No work would be possible without coffee." They pondered the importance of coffee in silence."
- "I force people to have coffee with me, just because I don't trust that a friendship can be maintained without any other senses besides a computer or cellphone screen."
- "Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love."
- "As soon as coffee is in your stomach, there is a general commotion. Ideas begin to move...similes arise, the paper is covered. Coffee is your ally and writing ceases to be a struggle."
- "Coffee is real good when you drink it gives you time to think. It’s a lot more than just a drink; it’s something happening. Not as in hip, but like an event, a place to be, but not like a location, but like somewhere within yourself. It gives you time, but not actual hours or minutes, but a chance to be, like be yourself, and have a second cup."
- "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee."