Monday, June 17, 2013

My top 10 swimming quotes





My top 10 swimming quotes

-*In no particular order.


  • “The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it.”

    -Woodrow Wilson



  • “So many people along the way,whatever it is you aspire to do, will tell you it can't be done.
    But it all it takes is imagination. You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will doubters.
    There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there no limits,”

    -Michael Phelps



  • “Our wings serve as flippers that carry us across the ocean; not in the sky!
    Why, us penguins have so much fun time in the water, we don't even want to fly!”

    -Jasmine Jean, Whimsy Girl



  • “The pictures achieve something rarely articulated about the metaphysical state of swimming:
    The body, immersed, feels amplified, heavier and lighter at the same time. Weightless yet stronger.”

    -Leanne Shapton, Swimming Studies



  • "Swimming is a confusing sport, because sometimes you do it for fun, and other times you do it to not die.
    And when I'm swimming, sometimes I'm not sure which one it is."

    -Demetri Martin



  • "I believe that the majority of times the scale tilts toward the good.
    It's this amazing thing that rolls on and if we get in the flow of it, that's God. And if we fight it, if we swim the other way,
    we're swimming away from the purest expression of this life."

    -Michael J. Fox



  • "I have the opportunity to be part of swimming history.
    To take the sport to a new level would be an honor for me. There's no better time to try this than now."

    -Michael Phelps



  • "Believe in yourself, not only in swimming, but in life itself.
    You always have to have fun. You have to have an open mind. If you're not enjoying it, don't do it. Life's too short."

    -Debbie Meyer



  • "Somehow I kept my head above water. I relied on the discipline, character, and strength
    that I had started to develop as that little girl in her first swimming pool."

    -Esther Williams



  • "In particular, I found praying very disturbing, like swimming with bricks tied to your feet.
    And yet I was drawn to it constantly."

    -Jack Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Ads: